Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Day Out - Part 1

Driving! I love driving. I love my car. I love that feel when I put her on her top gear. I love speed. Music! Oh! Heaven! When I started two hours back with this friend of mine, I had no idea where we are going. Even now, I have no idea. He has no idea. All roads lead to Rome. But I doubt whether we are really heading towards Rome. Actually I wouldn’t mind. I love driving.

My all-terrain is climbing up through what they call hair pins. I love hair pins. Especially love removing them from my girl’s hair. As the story proceeds, we stop in the way for the first time in hours to snap a few pics of this natural waterfall in the way. I tell you again we didn’t stop to be eaten by that man-eater-wild-bear who was drinking water from our natural waterfall. You know bears have a few major problems. They are huge and they make a lot of noise. Especially those man eater bears at the sight of tasty looking human flesh. So once we got down, it was not easy to miss. We ran back to the car. The hungry bear who wanted atleast one of us for dinner dint want to give up. He chased us.

My car can fly. I dint know that. My friend dint know too and of course the stupid bear didn’t know that. We are flying basically because I didn’t obey the traffic board. The red triangle shaped sign board said:

“Bend Ahead. Take Left”

If a 1000 KG (exaggerated) man-eater wild bear wants to have you for dinner and iis chasing your car, will you stop and read the sign boards or will you keep going? I kept going. So now, we are flying. While both of us are waiting for the black and white movie and enjoying the landscape below moving up to us, something happened. Something most unnatural. Just when we are about a few meters above the ground level, we stopped flying. Something stopped the descent. It was like we hit an air cushion and it look about 15 seconds for us to reach the ground. It was like sailing in a boat. We thanked the bear for not chasing us down here.

The place where we descended ‘was’ some kind of a township. Completely deserted. Not a single form of life around other than the two of us. While we were stepping out of the vehicle, we noticed something. That the car wheels are not touching the ground. My friend didn’t step out of the car completely but by then he started floating around weightlessly. When I stepped out, I couldn’t do the space floating stuff but my car sure did. She also floated away. Soon I realized something. I must be someone like ‘The One’. Maybe He Himself. The car didn’t fly off coz I was.inside.

Now being the (only) One, I start roaming around in this deserted-no-gravity town. I could find nothing specially interesting other than the fact something is missing-Gravity. Furniture and some stuff seem to stand a few centimeters above the ground while some things, say my friend and my car, are floating around. Finally I reached near that wall that I am going to tell you about. The green wall. Of course there is no way I can find out what is waiting for me on the other side of the wall.

I stood there a few seconds before the walls started moving. New walls started to appear all around me. Those bright green walls. Remember there is no gravity. These walls seem to fly out of nowhere and enclosed me all four sides. No doors. No windows. Nothing. If you are watching a movie, you would say “WOW, cool CGI effects!” Sometimes, in crunch situation, you are expecting the worst to happen so that even if the worst happens it doesn’t affect you. It didn’t affect me. (Nice line right? I will definitely use it in my next story.) So I started looking around in my small cozy green room. I found a pen and a few papers. So I started writing:

Driving! I love driving. I love my car. I love that feel when I put her on her top gear. I love speed. Music! Oh! Heaven! When I started two hours back with this friend of mine, I had no idea where we are going. Even now, I have no idea. He has no idea. All roads lead to Rome. But I doubt whether we are really heading towards Rome. Actually I wouldn’t mind. I love driving…

3 comments:

suresh said...

:-|
i dunno wht to say.
i m on the edge of the seat.
nay, i m on air.
this s absolute wonderful cool excellent stuff.
cannot wait fr part 2.
u hav 2 days to finish.
anything more wil kill me with sheer curiosity.

Anonymous said...

:) Cool
For a moment i thought this was ur own Xperience :)

Anonymous said...

Pawt 2 Pawt 2!! Time for pawt 2!